Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Latin Fundraiser Dinner

So Saturday night the team from I-life that is going to Honduras put on an amazing fundraising event for the new AIDs clinic. L. organized a fantastic feast of steak and chicken fajitas, cheese and veggie enchiladas (the most amazingly gooey, unhealthy enchiladas I have had in a long time), sopapillas, pebre, guac, tortilla soup, and rice pudding and "churros" for dessert.

First off, I didn't have an fajitas, so I can't comment on those, but the sopapillas and pebre made by M. were amazing. I have heard about her sopapillas for a long time but by the time I got there to try them they were always gone. She spent a semester in Chile, so she must know her way around the amazing pebre or cilantro salsa, as it is sometimes referred to in English.

M. made the delicious broccoli and spinach cheese enchiladas, that were sinfully divine. L. also made the garbanzo bean salad that you can see on the right of my plate, which the leftovers proved to make a nice experiment for Sunday. K. made a rockin rice pudding and C. made sweet churros. The girls(and boys) did an amazing job with the fundraiser dinner and it was a lot of fun. Thanks guys.

No comments: