Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cookies & Hummus & Friends

So last weekend after the Latin fundraiser dinner we spent the day baking cookies for B.'s brother's fiancé's bridal shower. Well L. also ended up with a truck load of Latin garbanzo bean salad(think roughly 6lbs) Well this salad was quite delicious in flavor as it contained chipotles in adobo, jalepenos, lime juice, olive oil, onion, tomato and lots of cilantro all marinated for a couple of hours. Well we thought we could make it better by transforming it with the help of my brand new food processor(Thanks Mom!) into hummus. What we didn't know is how much 6lbs of hummus actually is......lets just say we are still eating after giving a lot of it away.

For the hummus we mixed the salad with tahini, lemon juice, Spanish olive oil from Trader Joe's, salt, pepper, and some Sweet Ancho Roasted Red Pepper spread from Harry & David. It turned out to be a sweet/spicy Latin flared hummus. Not what you would really expect from hummus, but still a good dip. One friend of ours told me the other day she ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

While we tirelessly worked on the hummus, B. got to work on making sugar cookie dough. She endlessly rolled out dough and cut miniature cookies out for the next 3 hours, while L. and I snuck pieces of dough and "deformed" cookies. L helped decorate them with sprinkles and icing, I tried to do the whole sprinkle things, but failed miserable, I figure I will just stick to cooking.

B. did let me make my own creation with the leftover dough. I decided to make my Mii. He later went for a swim in the icing and ended up drowning and getting eaten by a shark or maybe that was me.

1 comment:

Chou said...

Cute guy. Sounds like quite the baking adventure!