Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pineapple Casserole

Ok so the first time that I tell people about this dish they look at me and say "eww pineapple and cheese!", but I assure you that this is an amazing combination, and I am sure my I-team will back me up, well at least it was gone pretty quick when I made it. So enjoy this amazing, and very cheap, side dish.

2 cans chunk pineapple
3/4 C. sugar
3 T. flour
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 stick butter

Place butter in a 9x13 pan and place in oven while preheating to 350. Once butter is melted, drain pineapple, reserving half the juice. Pour pineapple into pan. Sift together the flour and sugar, stir in the cheese. Top pineapple with mixture, top with crushed Ritz crackers. Pour 1/4 C. or so of juice over casserole, and bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: