Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Broccoli Salad

So I think this really is one of my favorite salads. With fresh broccoli, bacon, sunflower seeds, and raisins in a tangy mayo dressing....Well lets just say I would eat it for breakfast.....but I am not one that's big on traditional meals at traditional hours, so maybe you guys want to just stick with adding it to your next lunch or dinner. Its also great to take to potlucks. For the broccoli I usually use the florets and smaller bite sized tops, but if you don't want to waste you can thinly slice and julliene the stems, or run it through a mandoline if you have one.

Fresh broccoli, bite sized, at least two bunches
Cooked and crumbled bacon
Sunflower seed meats
Raisins

DRESSING:
1 C. Miracle Whip(I insisit on this, but you may substitute, but maybe add a little more sugar)
1/4 C. white sugar
2 T. white vinegar

Mix the dressing and toss with all ingredients. Let sit for several hours or overnight for full flavor development.

1 comment:

Zac said...

So... I dig the website concept and whatever. You need to get done with that college thing and hang out with me before I leave for basic in 18 days.