Thursday, January 29, 2009

Do you know what this does? #1

Ok, so this idea for a series in my blog sprang forth about six months ago when I had all the time in the world and still went resale shopping for good kitchen gadgets and the such. Of course when shopping at second hand shops you are truly transported back in time to the kitchens of the past 4 or five decades. On these trips I have always found the most unique and usually usless kitchen gadgets over created, but I have only ever bought one (sadly it is at my parents house and it will have to wait to be shared) Instead of purchasing some useless junk to fill up my already clutered kitchen, I took photos and thought I would share. For the first post of each I will post a photo of a gadget and then let people guess and then a few days later I will post the answer. Here is the first photo found in Rogers City, MI. It is open and does have a handle to clarify.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have absolutely no idea, but I'm going to make the brilliant guess "a waffle maker."

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I don't have a clue—but I'll be back to find out!

Erika said...

looks like its electrified, so I'm going to guess a quesadilla press or something similar (any food thats grilled on both sides and is round)